Flashlets Home Page
Young's Interference Experiment
- Drag the detector at the plate or the sources to create
- You can change the values of the wavelength, amplitude,
and source to plate distance with the sliders on the left.
- Fine adjustment of the location of the detector with
arrows on the sides of the plate.
- To show a trail of light spots, press "Play."
Adjust the step size with the "trail step" slider. The brightness
of the light spots is proportional to the intensity at that point.
- The circular circle represents the color of light
according to the wavelength and the intensity of the light wave reaching the
- Wavelength is exaggerated in this movie (1 pixel :
20nm). Other distance measurements are in pixels.